Wednesday 21 July 2010

A Tornado meets a Volcano

Well, it's been an interesting few weeks since we last spoke. Firstly it looks highly likely that I will not be able to go to Vegas this year, which I am obviously gutted about but there is no point me going if I can't afford it. I would rather go next year and enjoy myself then go this year in debt and have the pressure of needing to win. I've been running very badly in tournaments recently seeming to lose every single flip and 60/40 which as result has meant that I've had quite a few low times over the last month. In particular about two weeks ago, when I had one of those days where everything went wrong. I've had to re-evaluate my online poker game as I can no longer afford to play tournaments on a regular basis, which is a shame as I have always made money playing tournaments and enjoyed them. However I couldn't find a new staking deal sadly and I don't have a big enough bankroll to play with my own money. So the plan has changed.

I am now grinding NLO8 cash on PokerStars. I play 6 tables at a time of 10c/25c and have to put in some long hours. It's not glamorous but it's the only way for me to rebuild my bankroll and pay my bills. I have played six days so far, and am about $300 up. It also has the perks of generating loads of fpps which are very handy on stars as I can use them to buy cash bonuses and buy into tournaments. I plan to put in lots of hours over the next six weeks to rebuild a healthy bankroll.

I have also applied for a job at FullTilt Poker in their media and marketing department. It is obviously a longshot to get the job and I don't have my hopes up but it is a possibility and I figured it was worth a shot. I am also considering applying for jobs at other poker companies if the bankroll rebuild doesn't go according to plan. Thankyou to everyone reading this who gave me a reference for my CV, it was appreciated.

I've been looking forward to the next few days for a while now. Tomorrow I am going to Thorpe Park all day with Jase, Dave and Tash which should be great fun, although it does involve getting up at 5.45am which could be quite a challenge. Then on friday it's Barry's 40th birthday party which should be good fun as most of my friends on the poker scene are going, and I am sure it will be accompanied by equally large measures of alcohol and banter. Then on saturday it is Jeal's birthday poker trip to Dusk for the £100 6max freezeout, which I am secretly planning on winning.

Sorry it's been so long since the last update I will try to update more frequently. Hopefully the next post will contain more positive poker news, as long as the NLO8 cash games treat me nicely. The Gambler's Link has also been updated on the right hand side of this page just below the personal details section. And for those of you haven't heard it yet, go and buy Eminem - Recovery, if you're a fan you'll love it.

Peace, Rich x

2 comments:

mulhuzz said...

hope you run better soon rich, you'll crush for sure at nlo8. lots of splits and such, but you're good enough to grind the edge and roll over the fish.

skolsuper said...

Thorpe Park? Make sure you pack your wellies..