Tuesday 25 May 2010

Summer 2010 here we come!

May has been a vast improvement to April thankfully. It started with the SCOOP on PokerStars, which was a series of superb tournaments for two weeks, in which I was fully staked. I was staked in roughly $2300 worth of tournaments, and I ended up cashing for $2500 despite running fairly terribly throughout. So I was pleased that my backer didn't lose his money, and I made him a small profit. I spent these two weeks up north away from Norwich with a friend of mine called Steve as there are a lot of distractions in Norwich and I wanted to chillout for a fortnight and concentrate on playing well. It was nice to get a change of scenery for a while.

On Victor Chandler I stopped playing cash and played a few tournaments instead. I also changed my avatar. I played in the Poker Olympics promotion, specifically the heptathlon, which was a series of 7 tournaments spread over a week at 8pm each night with overall prizes for the leaderboard. They were all $30 tourns and covered NLHE, NLHE turbo, NLHE 6max, NLHE Deepstack, PLO, PLO8 and 7 card stud. I ran pretty well in these and was guaranteed the gold medal after six events which meant there was no pressure on the last event. There were only about 20 runners who took part in the series, and bearing in mind that every tourn had standard payouts and that 10th and higher in the overall leaderboard was guranteed $150 bonus, they were incredible value. I got a $900 bonus for winning the gold. The standard in the non-holdem events was terrible and quite humorous, it seemed most people had never played omaha or stud before. I'm looking forward to the modern pentathlon and the triathlon which are coming up.

Since returning to Norwich a week ago I have also been running fairly well, winning at the poker club playing 50p/£1 and £1/£2 NLHE cash and winning online playing mostly 50c/$1 PLO cash. I have also got a staking deal to play sunday comps on PokerStars which started this week. I was in $450 worth of tourns. I cashed in the sunday million for $350 but nothing else so finished slightly down. I have the same deal for the next 4 weeks so hopefully I can run good once and get a nice draw. The next week or so should be good fun. It is my 24th birthday tomorrow, and then on thursday I am going to Skiathos for a week with family and friends. Skiathos is a Greek island where my brother-in-law is from and I can't wait to get there. My brother-in-law's dad owns a bar on the island and I believe the plan is going to involve sitting on the beach all day and drinking in the bar all night. Sounds like a great plan to me!

Rich x

PS - Las Vegas is booked again for this year 30th Aug - 30th Sep. Can't wait for that, our house is even sicker than last year :)))))))

1 comment:

Truthans said...

Hey Bowburn,

pretty sweet place you are going to stay at in Vegas. Makes me wanting to go too.

I've linked up your blog on mine.

Good luck at the tables.

Hannes