Tuesday 9 March 2010

Kinder Bueno Eggs ftw!

Very little to report this week, I haven't played much poker. I was a huge luckbox in a $5 turbo rebuy on VC that I played on wednesday night with 500 runners. I didn't really want to play it so just shoved with suited connectors a few times before the end of the rebuy period. Got called by AK, AQ, KQ and JJ I think and won every one. I had 50k at the break when average was 7k. I played it a bit more seriously after that but still didn't play very well to be honest. 50 players cashed and with 50 left I had 125k and was second in chips. It was at this point when I started playing well and tried to go deep. I ended up coming second for $1.2k after winning a massive flip 5 handed with 55 vs A7 in a battle of the blinds, to save me from coming 5th for $200. Good old Beehives winning me $1k essentially. I really didn't deserve to come second given how terribly I had played, but nevermind, i'll take it for all the times I had played well and been outdrawn by terrible calls.

I have been playing some PLO 6max on VC as well, playing 6 tables at a time. I am around $500 up after playing for about 5 hours this week. I have been so lazy it's ridiculous. I guess I'm just enjoying having plenty of free time after the last 2 months when I had been playing 6 hours of sit and gos most days. But I really need to start playing regularly, to hopefully earn some money and to earn a nice VIP bonus come the end of the month.

I had an annoying night at the poker club on saturday, losing £70 in the £10r, then £150 on cash after running AKss into AA for a £200 pot then losing with J9 on a T85 flop all-in vs AK, AQ and A5 for a £150 pot. Obv A5 scoops, nh sir. So I left early, knowing that it simply wasn't my night and not wanting to lose more money. I Did what I usually do when I'm on tilt and bored, and bundled round Owe's house after picking up the essentials from Tesco: Kinder Bueno Eggs, Ice cream, Coke and Mr Kipling Viennese Whirls was the shopping list I was given lol. Sleepy Hollow, Shepherd's pie, and Ice Cream did turn out to be a world class combination.

Sunday started well as a football bet came in for £100. I wasn't as lucky at poker though. I was staked in the Daily 80k, the 1/4 Million and the Sunday Million. I got close to the bubble in the Daily 80k then I lost a crucial race to go out. The sunday million was also frustrating, I lost a sick pot to a backdoor straight which would have put me on 55k but left me on 20k. I then tried to survive for as long as possible, stealing where I could. I managed to survive for a long time hoping for a double up, but it never came and I went out in about 1800th with 1500 cashing. I shoved with K7 and ran into KJss and couldn't hit. My backer also bubbled it losing a huge pot with QQ vs AJ all-in on a KQ3 flop. It was a rather frustrating day.

This week should be good fun. Tonight is Ben's birthday, think the plan is to get some drinks in then go to the poker club for cash. Tomorrow I have an away table tennis match against Owe's club, which should be great fun, as Owe, Jurate, Shane and Aaron will all be there and I'm sure there will be plenty of banter. And the miniftops tournaments start tomorrow night at 2am so I'll be playing them all week. Hopefully I'll be able to go deep in at least one and have a nice draw. Run good everyone,

Rich x

PS - Congratulations to Mike and Tam

No comments: