Tuesday 16 February 2010

The first page of a new chapter

Welcome to the new look Bowburn poker blog. I've redesigned my blog, and decided to change the way I write it as well. I will now update it every week on a monday, covering all the week's news. So feel free to check here every monday night for a new weekly column detailing the highs and lows of my life as a professional gambler. Hope you like the new look, feel free to post any comments you might have as to whether or not you like it and what can be done to improve it. I also decided to remove my old posts, which I was sad about in many ways, but felt that it was right to do as I view poker a lot differently now than I did at the start of this blog. I felt that some of those posts would be out of place and would conflict with my current attitude and how I feel now.

Not much to report since my review of January was posted. I'm currently splitting my time between playing tournaments on Stars and sngs on VC. I didn't cash in the sunday million this week unfortunately but I swapped 10% with a good friend of mine who tragically finished 46th for $2.8k. He raised from late position and the button shoved him allin. He called with AK and was up against Q9 and the flop was 9 high. The pot was for 2m when average stack was 1.5m. He was playing the tournament round my flat with another friend who also had 10%. Needless to say, we were all absolutely gutted that once again a chance for life changing money had ended in a bad beat. I'm really looking forward to next sunday as it is both the FTOPS main event $2.5m gtd. and the Stars special sunday million $4m gtd, so there will be some big money up for grabs. I will hopefully sell half of my action in the FTOPS event, and probably swap 10% with a few friends who I know will also be playing the sunday million, so there is a good chance that I will have an interest deep into the million again. Hopefully one day I will be involved in the final table in some way.

I'm also starting to formulate my plans for the summer. I have already booked a holiday to Skiathos, a Greek island, in May with my family. I am also hoping to return to Las Vegas this summer for at least a month if possible. And I will be moving into a new flat over the summer as well. I will probably get a new place on my own in Norwich, although I am open to the suggestion of living with someone else, or living in a different city. I'm still in the early stages of planning this move, but it will probably happen at the end of the summer. That's all for now, hopefully next sunday's tournaments will go well and next monday's post will be one to remember. Take care,

Rich x

No comments: